Terms of Service Agreement
Explore God resources, a ministry of Global Media Outreach
Last Update Date: October 17, 2022
By using the Explore God™ www.exploreGod.com, or using, downloading or purchasing any materials or resources from our Website, you agree that you are bound by the terms and conditions stated herein (the "Terms"). As used in these Terms, the phrases "you", "your" and "yours" refer to the individual agreeing to these Terms; if you are acting on behalf of an entity (e.g., a church), then those phrases refer to the entity on whose behalf you are acting. As used in the Terms, the phrases "Explore God", "we", "us" or "ours" refer to the organization Explore God. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you are not authorized to use our Website or any materials or resources contained on or made available through our Websites. We may update these Terms from time to time, and we'll post the updated version of these Terms here. We'll include a "Last Update Date" at the beginning of these Terms so that you can see when we last made changes. Your continued use of our Website after we post updated Terms will constitute your agreement to the updated Terms.
Limited License to Use Our Materials
We may provide you with the ability to access, download or use certain materials on our Website or through our vendor. Explore God materials include but are not limited to: all videos, articles, group materials, daily wisdom, images, logos, branded assets, and guides (collectively, "Materials"). You are authorized to use or download our Materials only as made available by us for your use or downloading through our Website ("Authorized Materials") and then only as expressly permitted in these Terms. Subject to these Terms, we hereby grant to you a limited and revocable license to use Authorized Materials solely for the purposes of (i) your own personal review, study and information, and (ii) presenting such Authorized Materials without charge to audiences comprised of members of your church or discussion group. Except as expressly authorized above, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, sell, resell, create derivative works from, modify, publicly perform or publicly display the Materials or use the Materials in any other way. You are not authorized to sublicense or transfer the rights granted to you in these Terms.
Explore God desires to maintain the integrity of its biblically-based programs. You acknowledge and agree the Materials consist of Explore God's proprietary processes and intellectual property, and you agree to abide by the following requirements:
- You shall not transfer Explore God Materials to another format or add to, delete from, or alter in any way Explore God Materials other than in approved methods as expressly described in these Terms, on our Website or in the Explore God Logo Kit & Branding Guidelines.
- You acknowledge that you are not an agent, partner or joint venturer of Explore God and you are not authorized (and you will not attempt) to bind Explore God to any contract, obligation, or pledge of any nature. You lack the authority to, and you shall not attempt to, enter into any agreements or make any representation that may impose liability or cause financial responsibility on behalf of Explore God, its suppliers, employees, officers, directors or partners.
- You shall not share Explore God Materials with other churches or ministries (or other locations of multi-site churches or ministries other than your location). Each church or ministry, and each location of a church or ministry, is responsible for setting up their own account with Explore God to access and use Explore God Materials (we do this to make sure content is licensed appropriately).
- If the sponsoring church, ministry, or organization meets in a place that can be made publicly available (but not a private home or residence), you agree to list or display Explore God "discussion group" or meeting dates and session times on the church, ministry or organization website or social media page (e.g., Facebook page), linked to the Explore God Finder Map.
- You agree that you and your group facilitators will view the "Discussion Group Facilitator" training videos prior to facilitating or launching a public Explore God Discussion Group.
- In addition to your compliance with the other terms and conditions of these Terms, your use of Explore God Materials in a public Explore God Discussion Group is dependent upon your agreement with and adherence to each and every element of the modern English version of the Apostles’ Creed outlined below:
Apostles' Creed, Modern English Version
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Intellectual Property Notices & Protections; Termination
You agree not to remove or attempt to use technological means to remove or bypass any intellectual property notices or technological safeguards included in our Materials. As between Explore God and you, except for the limited rights granted to you in these Terms, Explore God owns all right, title and interest in and to the Explore God websites and all content contained therein, including all intellectual property rights pertaining thereto. All rights not expressly granted under these Terms are hereby reserved. Explore God Materials are protected by state, federal and international laws, including copyright laws and trademark laws. All title and copyrights in and to Explore God resources and Materials—including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, electronic applications, accompanying printed materials incorporated into online Explore God brand expressions, and any copies of materials associated with Explore God materials—are the exclusive property of Explore God. You and we each may terminate these Terms at any time, with or without cause, by providing written notice to the other party (and our written notice to you may be via email or through any account you have created with us). Upon termination of these Terms, all licenses granted to you will cease and all rights provided under these Terms will revert to Explore God.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPLORE GOD, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (I) SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY EXPLORE GOD WEBSITE, PRODUCT, SERVICE OR RESOURCE, OR THESE TERMS, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF EXPLORE GOD HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (II) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, IN THE AGGREGATE, FOR AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US IN THE PREVIOUS TWELVE (12) MONTHS FOR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR RESOURCES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT EACH OF THE FORGOING IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY OF THEM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. Additionally, our websites might contain links to third party websites or resources. You agree that we are not responsible for the content or quality of any such websites or resources. The inclusion of a link on our website does not imply that we endorse the other party's websites or content. You agree that your use of any such links or third party websites or content is at your own risk.
Legal Action; Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You and Explore God agree that these Terms shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and any dispute arising out of or related to our websites, products, services or Materials, or these Terms, must be brought exclusively in the state and federal courts for Collin County, Texas. You and Explore God each agree to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the resolution of all such disputes. If you are in breach of any of these Terms and we initiate legal action against you, you agree to pay our reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs in connection therewith (in addition to all damages awarded in any such action).
Disclosure of Information for Community Outreach
These Terms constitute the full and complete agreement between the parties, and will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. These Terms cannot be modified in any way other than in a written agreement signed by the parties hereto. If any provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions will nevertheless remain in effect. If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please consult Explore God in writing via e-mail. Send any queries to [email protected].
Public Discussion Group Verification Process & Disclaimer
We will endeavor to verify the accuracy and location (and public nature) of each "Public Discussion Group" submitted to Explore God, and such verification must be completed to our satisfaction before we'll include the group on the Explore God Finder Map. As of part of the verification process, we may require the following information from each group:
- Complete physical address of public discussion group site
- Name of public venue, if applicable (e.g., ABC Church, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, etc.)
- Name of the sponsoring church, organization, or ministry, including the contact information for staff representative (for verification purposes only)
- Dates and times of public discussion group sessions
- Name of Discussion Group Facilitator
- E-mail address of Discussion Group Facilitator
- Telephone number of Discussion Group Facilitator (for verification purposes only)
- Acceptance of these Terms by staff representative of sponsoring church, organization, or ministry
We reserve the right to keep discussion groups marked as Private until the requested information has been provided and we are satisfied with the completed verification process. Once verified and published by us, public Explore God Discussion Groups will be visible as active groups on the Explore God Finder Map for the duration of their group's activity. You are responsible for the accuracy of all information you submit to us. We are not responsible for, and shall have no liability to you or any third party for the actions of third party entities or individuals (including but not limited to churches, groups, facilitators or others) who use any of our Materials or other resources.
Explore God is a ministry of Global Media Outreach. Global Media Outreach is a 501c3 nonprofit with exclusive Trademark and ownership rights of all Explore God content and is responsible for enforcing the Terms of Service Agreement.